- A minimum of three years working within a highly regulated industry.
- Chartered engineer.
- Familiar with a range of available technologies and techniques.
- Production of CS&A design documents e.g. civil and structural calculations (design/assessment/substantiation), engineering drawings, specifications, scopes of work, method statements.
- Proficient in Steel and Concrete design to current codes.
- Knowledge of CDM and design responsibilities.
- Capable of independent and autonomous work during the delivery of packages.
- Able to actively seek input from other engineers, specialists, facility and project team members to improve understanding and deliver fit for purpose solutions,
- Be able to present information in forms specifically aimed at a variety of target audiences,
- Experience of leading work packages; providing guidance to junior engineers in establishing solutions to technical problems.
- Experience of any Sellafield or nuclear industry Design.
- Crane modification (design and implementation).
- Major plant modification (design and implementation).
- Temporary works – specification of requirements & review of returns
- Building change-of-use.
- Integration with Site Master Planning.
- Nuclear Safety and Hazard Management.
- Environmental and Nuclear Waste Management (including BAT studies).
- Knowledge of cladding/waterproofing details.
- Ability to obtain P1 or P4 Pass
- Ability to obtain SC clearance
- Monitored worker status advantageous but not essential
- Proficient in analysis/design packages ie. STAAD.Pro for Steel and Concrete analysis/design.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Visio, Power point, Outlook, etc) and use of Navisworks Freedom.
- Good working knowledge of other IT systems (AutoCAD / DM Desktop) will be invaluable but not essential.
- Degree qualified CS&A Engineer (or equivalent through enhanced experience).
NRL connect global engineering companies with the right people to bring their projects to life. As we progress your application our team of talented recruiters will be on hand to support you to secure your next role.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.