Main Purpose of Role:
The role of Equipment Operative is to work as an effective team member in the Work shop, to carry out specified tasks as required, specifically basic maintenance, cleaning, testing and service duties on New Dimension equipment as requested by your area Supervisor or Manager. This can often be a physically demanding role, with some heavy lifting involved.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To carry out basic day-to-day servicing, cleaning and maintenance duties on ND equipment as instructed.
- Support your area colleague and area supervisor/manager maintain and achieve set productivity targets.
- To assist in the stowage of vehicles, modules, equipment and consumable stores.
- Accurately complete inventory checks within required time frames.
- Ensure all service documents are accurately completed and submit within the required time frames.
- Ensure that all New Dimension assets received are to the correct specifications and quantities, are accurately asset tracked into the warehouse and stored in an appropriate manner using the marking system.
- To maintain New Dimension equipment to the appropriate standards in accordance with Health and Safety, Manufacturer’s specifications and in accordance with Fire Service Inspection and Testing of Equipment legislation.
- Actively maintain equipment and tools to a high standard, and report faults to your supervisor.
- To support and maintain the appropriate maintenance and stowage records using the asset data management system.
- Ensure work areas are clean and safe at all times.
- Ensure you can keep up to date records of work progress and liaise with supervisor.
- Manage your time efficiently and effectively to meet and exceed targets.
- Attend site team meetings and briefings.
- To perform any other duties as deemed reasonable by the management team these may include driving and delivering duties (If you have signed the driver policy).
- This role description describes (but does not limit) the main duties and responsibilities of the position. These are subject to variation as is necessary to respond to the need of the Business, both internal and external.
- In accordance with our certification to the standards OHSAS 18001, ISO9001:2000 and ISO 14001 each employee will comply with and contribute to the effective implementation of the current Babcock International Group Networks Division: Ø Health and Safety policy Ø Quality Policy Ø Environmental Policy
- To work within established Company policies and procedures.
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos.
- Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
- To demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
- To carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
We welcome applications from every walk of life, and are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within the industries we support. That’s why our Member Committed to Diversity status with the Association of Professional Staffing Companies is so important to us.
For temporary workers and contractors opting to work with us through our Pay As You Earn (PAYE) payroll service, we’re delighted to offer a wealth of benefits including access to virtual and telephone GP appointments 24/7, health and wellness resources, gym discounts and retail savings.