The position is a NEW STAFF POSITIONS
NB Candidates MUST have a proven track record in similar role as plant Shift Operator
About the role:
- To engage in all duties and responsibilities that are required to be fulfilled for the operation and
- maintenance of gas boilers and the exportation of steam from the first commissioning to the hot
- commissioning of the Energy from Waste plant.
- During the commissioning of the Gas boilers
- Commitment - Continually keeping up to date with execution plans (including the schedule
- and the mobilization of personnel and equipment)
- Competent/good written and verbal communication skills in English for interfacing with the
- project Commissioning Teams as well Client representatives.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling operating plant/machinery, work at height and
- in confined spaces/restricted entry, supported with relevant training and experience of
- Able to cope with numerous task focused issues simultaneously whilst keeping to clearly
- defined time frames for completion of operational activities, without compromising personal
- or company wide health and safety precautions.
- Willingness to demonstrate and develop skills that may lead to ongoing enhanced career
- opportunities with the development of the Energy from Waste Plant, (EfW).
- Computer Literate – Able to manipulate data on Microsoft packages and basic IT software,
- (including our internal systems CMMS, and DCS).
What you will need:
- Experience in industrial, civil/process engineering, Construction or Power sectors, and/or
- other related experience in a regulated industry
- Competent with Crane operation and rigging and slinging experience.
- Certification in First Aid at Work, or equivalent
- Certificate in Fire Warden/Marshall Training
- Experience, or knowledge of operating high-pressure boilers and steam turbine plants
- High voltage authorised person electrical experience and qualifications highly desired.
- Certificate of training and experience of competency with the use of Fork Lift Truck (FLT) and
- Front Loading Shovel (FLS) vehicles desirable.
- Full JD available
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent Salary
- Full company package and long-term secure appointment