NRL are currently recruiting for experienced Planning Engineer(s) to work on behalf of one of our leading clients in the Nuclear Engineering Sector based in the South West.
Long Term * Major Project * Superb Salary & Benefits * Global award winning company * Interesting Work scope * Quick Turnaround *
The Planning Engineers will report to the client Project Controls Head and Operations Manager. To manage & develop schedules to incorporate change, risk, resource requirements and cost in accordance with client requirements and standards.
To be involved in the creation of plans for the full project lifecycle including design and development in the Nuclear Defueling team.
Key skills / attributes:
- Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience.
- Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (e.g. Procurement, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning/Installation processes).
- Experienced in Primavera.
- Monitor a resource & cost loaded, logic linked, baseline plan for the project in accordance with Programme Office processes.
- Capture project resources & budgetary costs in the plan to determine time phasing of expenditure and the total project budget.
- Monitor, analyse and control the project programme and cost information using Earned Value methods.
- Project Control Structures & robust work breakdown in terms of project scope, in accordance with Investment Delivery processes, templates and Procedures.
- Provide leadership to ensure the project plan embraces the full project work scope, is fit for purpose and is achievable.
- Knowledge to maintain and control project baselines in line with company procedures and guidance.
- Experienced to integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan.
- To produce monthly reports, to an agreed reporting cycle, through the provision of intelligent information.
- Experience of working in a heavily regulated industry sector i.e Nuclear, MOD, Defence, Construction, Rail, Marine, Pharmaceutical etc.
Excellent organisation and communication skills are key to this role.
Be highly proactive, logical thinker, adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Team-centered approach. Highly committed due to longevity of work.
CTC and/or SC Cleared or willingness to undertake clearance.