- Lead, motivate and provide guidance to the temporary works design and management teams across Section 2C / 2D of the EWR programme to deliver the right level of temporary works design support on time, to budget and to the right level of quality.
- Have a clear understanding of the EWR programme scope of works within section 2C / 2D, particularly in relation to temporary works design, as defined by the Engineering and Assurance teams, taking ownership of that scope and its delivery.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all TW are identified, classified, risk assessed, managed and assured in accordance with our clinet’s TW procedure and BS 5975: 2008.
- Ensure that all residual design risks are understood and properly communicated such that all Temporary Works are constructed, inspected, brought into use, maintained and dismantled safely
- Responsible for and will appoint Area TWSs on behalf of the Designated Individual.
- Ensure that regular liaison occurs between all parties, in particular the site engineering teams, temporary works designers and permanent works designers across Section 2C / 2D, including in particular regular liaison with the Section DPE’s, CEM’s, EIM’s, CRE’s and LDE’s
- Ensure that wherever possible all temporary works design information is produced and delivered in a 3D format to support the Alliance Digital Engineering agenda in line with the Digital Engineering Strategy and Digital Engineering Execution Plan.
- Engage in our client’s Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) agenda and ensure that appropriate temporary works procedures and designs are in place to support this agenda.
- Significant Temporary Works Coordination experience in major construction and/or infrastructure projects
- Degree qualified or holds equivalent experience / transferable skills
- Received CITB recognised Management of Temporary Works Training within the last 3 years
- Experience of working in line with Network Rail Engineering Assurance processes
- A member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent, or on the pathway to achieving this
- Collaborative and one team focused
- Commercial and procurement awareness
- Conflict resolution and management skills
- Resilient and resourceful under pressure
- Inquisitive/questioning, open-minded and proactive
- Energetic and confident
- Familiar with the opportunities within BIM / DE environments to systemise the Temporary Works Processes such that information generated is much more accessible, and the burden of paperwork and filing is greatly reduced
- The ability to work proactively and collaboratively with DE tools including Projectwise, BimCollab, Design Risk Management databases and the 3D single model environment.
- The ability to produce suitable Design Risk Assessments and ready-reckoner outline temporary works design for embryonic schemes to facilitate appropriate option selection.
What’s in it for you:
- Very competitive hourly / daily rates
- Long term 12+ months contract